Thursday, April 5, 2012


Where Oh Where Has the Time Gone?

Or I Blinked and It's 2012!


Photobucket


I’m not sure why it’s taken me so long to get back to writing for this blog. It’s not that I haven’t been writing. I have. The above musing was written in December but for whatever reason I never posted it.

I also wanted to write about the conclusion of the platter commission. That will come as will more thoughts about life, work in the studio, health issues, and whatever else seems relevant at the time.

What keeps coming up for me these days is the importance of living the moment. I find myself in that stage in life when dear ones, not just my parents generation, but people my age and younger, are dying. It brings me more often to the question of how I am using my time. At the end of the day, what has made that day, those irretrievable hours, minutes, meaningful? There are times when I can’t even remember what I did yesterday. Unfortunately, this rarely has much to do with my failing memory.

So now, with a third of the year 2012 over, I intend to rearrange my life. Instead of hanging around the computer into the afternoon, I’m giving myself a deadline. I’ll be out of my emails, Facebook and any other “links” by 11 AM. I will give myself an hour to write. I will be in the studio daily working on new pieces and organizing a new strategy for getting the work out into the world. And at the end of each day, I hope to be able to fall asleep feeling good about how I used my time. 

That’s the plan.

So look for me here more often. See how my plan is working.

Or not.

Whichever way it goes, I do plan to write about it.   



No comments: